Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Another pointless letter to the Editor from "The State"

I found this one today in the paper

State should outlaw individual fireworks
I notice that another fire in Columbia over New Year’s was caused by individuals using fireworks.
I was born and raised in Indiana, where fireworks were outlawed in the ’40s.
When is this state going to make it illegal for individuals to shoot off fireworks?
Does anyone in the State House have guts enough to even propose a bill outlawing fireworks by individuals? I doubt it.
J.H. GREEN
Columbia

Okay, I have a response.

Dear J H Green,

Perhaps you should go back to Indiana. Because Blowin up shit, especially after a few beers is pretty awesome and there aint nothin you can say to change my mind. Some of my happiest memories of my childhood, were of watchin my daddy and my uncle Richard practically blow them selves up to celebrate the 4th of July and New Years. Its an American tradition and in South Carolina where they are cheaper than dirt, Its part of our cultural heritage.

So suck it up or go back to Yankee Land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home