Wednesday, December 07, 2005

So once more I try this Blog thing.

I am so ADD I have started now 5 of these things and they all fall by the way side in short order. I am not promising that Ill stick with this one at all.

The title of my blog is called its Okay to play. This is in honor of my youngest brother Ben. Or Bean, that's what we call him. He is a serious minded young man who is currently telling Katrina Victims that they don't get benefits from the Red Cross. Talk about one of the crappier jobs. He is in Americorps so at least its temporary. Ben is a cool cat although he has never forgiven my brother Chris and me for going to the Circus one time when he had to go to the emergency room.

The name "Its Okay to Play" actually comes from a T-Shirt that Ben got from one of his more disfunctional girlfriends, for those reading this, NO its not the one that talked at nauseum about her bloody poo. Or the one who on her blog, described a "romantic" encounter that was later read by my brother Chris and me. (We were disturbed. It was Christmas when we found it and then Christmas was ruined). This is the girl who was nice, but only mildly disturbed. She of the three I have described will end up being okay at one point. She got this T shirt when she used to work with Retarded Kids. And Actually, perhaps the retarded kids are right "It is Okay to play".

For those of you who care, I like retarded kids.

BTW, Bean is now dating a perfectly lovely young lady now.

For those of you who are wondering where the hell I am, I am now in San Francisco. I used to be in DC but now I am here. I like it here. I live by the beach. I am beginning to have more friends than when I moved here and I am doing things like going out and meeting Boys. Which was basically what I was doing in DC. The big difference for those of you who care is that I am not doing Theatre right now. I am on hiatus and I don't quite miss it yet. I am gearing up to go back to school in education in January. I thought it was a good time to take a rest. As many of you know, It is hard to do theatre, a job and anything else.

I also feel like there is much more of an adult vibe goin on now. For the first thing, I hang out with all of these moms, not really when I am meeting boys. And I am an adoring goddess mother of Charlie, who just turned 1. That I think is the biggest difference between being here and being in DC.

Charlie thinks I am hilarious. I am now a firm believer that you should have someone in your life that thinks you are the funniest person on the planet. Charlie is that person for me. Charlie is the picture of the Baby.

Living in Northern California is cool I mean there are fewer republicans out here than any other place I have lived. Its cool. But I have to say people are so damn sensitive here. I mean here anything goes, seriously, but because of this, every one has moved here because they were a freak where ever they were from and because of this, people are majorly sensitive about not offending any one. It is the one thing that grates on me some times, because I feel that there is a real lack of a sense of humor. I don't want to go any further with this this thought. Why? Because I feel that going on about this will make me sound like one of those 20 republicans who live in san Francisco who believe they are in the minority as white conservatives. In actuality I love this city, I love the diversity, I love getting on the 38 Geary Bus and being surrounded by people from all over the world, I love my choice of noodle joints and the moderately priced Sushi, and the most amazing burritos I have ever tasted.


Anyway, I should go. I am being paid by the hour to do something else besides create a blog.

G

1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Gabriel Olson said...

Best blog ever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home